Friday, January 08, 2010

Listen to the Music

Growing up in a household where music was always playing, there's no way I could escape having a deep, soulful love for the sweet sounds of any music. Whether it was The Beatles, Led Zeppelin or The Carpenters, I was happy because I was hearing some great tunes.
Music motivates me. Music inspires me. Music changes me. Music pushes me. Music calms me. Music soothes me. Music makes me nostalgic. Music sends me to a different world. Music gives me hope for the future. Music understands me.
Working out, I find music to be a great source of motivation. Today, my power song was "Okay I Believe You, But My Tommygun Don't" by Brand New. Fantastic song. How could you not want to run and run and run while you hear it? "Oh, we're so c-c-c-controversial!"


What's your power song? What songs make you happy? What songs put you to sleep? 




post script: music isn't my boyfriend; it's my life.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Beautiful Day and Mysterious Ways by U2 always put a smile on my face. Hmmm-this is hard to think of off the top of my head. I really like Kelly Clarkson and pretty much Volume 1 and 2 of Glee are my addiction right now.

Kristi Beth said...

Good choices. I'm all about Glee lately.