Monday, January 18, 2010

The Good Life

Last night, along with millions of others, I partook of the Golden Globe experience. I was mainly watching it to see Ricky Gervais (I love that man!), and because I was crossing my fingers that Glee would take away a prize (which they did -- hooray!). Watching these people, and seeing all that their lives encompass, I was reminded over and over that I have a wonderful life. Sure, I don't get to wear Oscar de la Renta or Dolce & Gabbana, but I have a family who loves me, and I don't have to worry about my life's troubles being broadcast to all who care to see. Some may take a look at my life, and see that it is void of glamour, but I'm okay with that. I have my own kind of glamour. I get to spend my evenings watching Jeopardy with my parents, and I have a wonderful man in my life that loves me enough to write me every week while he's surrounded by all those California girls. I get to spend five days a week basking in knowledge, and reading things that don't always make sense at first glance (thank you William S. for making me think). I am surrounded by love and happiness every day of my life, and for that I think I have something better than anyone that gets millions to say a few words with a camera in front of them.

No comments: