Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eh! O' Canada Go!

I am feeling intensely Canadian today. With the Winter Olympics in Vancouver fast approaching, the energy and excitement has been at an all-time high -- at least in Calgary. I had the amazing opportunity to see a portion of the Olympic torch relay this morning. It was amazing! We (my parents, grandparents, and Uncle Marsh, and their dog Charlie, too) settled by an elementary school that was along the route. The kids were so cute, and so excited. I'll admit that I got a little teary eyed hearing the chants of "Go Canada, Go!" coming from the little ones holding their flags. I am so proud to be Canadian. This is my home, and no matter where I end up, that will never change. 


Patiently awaiting the torch! Sporting our Canadian Pride!

Not a very good picture of me, but I'm excited to get a shot with the torch. Unfortunately, my camera battery decided to die right as the lit torch was coming around the corner. So, if I can snag one of my dad's pictures, I'll post it sometime.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Oh, I'm so excited!!
The torch comes through Cran on Friday!!