Monday, May 31, 2010

Twenty-one things to do

My top twenty-one things to do when the weather isn't so wonderful.

1. Go for a run. After five minutes of jogging, your Monday blues are sure to fly away.
2. Clean and organize. If you have to stay inside, it's probably best to be a little productive, right?
3. Do laundry. Taking warm clothes out of the dryer will warm your hands.
4. Watch old episodes of a favourite TV show. For example, season two of The Office.
5. Eat ice cream out of the carton. Root beer float ice cream. Yum!
6. Write a missionary.
7. E-mail your missionary, and be sure to catch him online so you can have a short conversation.
8. Watch episodes of an old show. Happy Days is my choice. And yes, I kind of have a slight crush on the young Ron Howard.
9. Switch things up. Move your room around. Or switch rooms! I am now in the process of moving into my sister's old room -- mostly because the closet is double the size of my current closet.
10. Read a good book. Preferably while lying in bed or on a couch in a cozy manner.
11. Make lists. Make plans. Set goals.
12. Dejunk. A little spring cleaning is good for the soul.
13. Browse shops online. You get the benefit of seeing pretty things without stepping outside. Win-win.
14. Laugh. Remember that laughter is the best medicine. It can even cure 'yucky weather sickness'.
15. Discover a new band. New discoveries make me happy, which makes me forget my troubles. Again, that's a win-win.
16. Take a walk down memory lane. I am definitely a sentimental person and tend to keep everything. Movie tickets, concert tickets, mini golf scoring cards. I love my memories, and love my little keepsakes that trigger that nostalgia.
17. Read your scriptures -- which you should be doing anyhow!
18. Take time to sit and think. Just think. No computer. No TV. Just you and your thoughts.
19. Have a cup of delicious peppermint tea (sans caffeine, of course). Mmm.
20. Listen to a little Jack Johnson. I'm pretty sure that soothing voice of his is the cure to any trouble.
21. Count your blessings. Name them one by one. (And it will surprise you what the Lord has done).

I'm pretty sure you can't have a bad day when you involve Michael Scott and the gang. No siree.

No comments: