Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring, Spring, Spring

I think spring is here! Really, truly here.
This morning I was awakened by the sound of the streets being cleaned. Every year, when I see those signs on the street at the beginning of May, I get a little excited. It's one of the signs that spring is really here, and (maybe, hopefully) here to stay!
I love spring. I think (along with fall) it is the most beautiful season. Spring means new life. Spring means sunshine (but not sunburns). Spring means walking to work without frostbite, and without sweat. Spring means light rain and the intoxicating smell of newly blossomed flowers. Spring means going outside without a jacket. Spring means love (but for me winter, fall and summer mean love too).

Beautiful lilacs at the Legislature in Edmonton. May 2008. 
Spring and I are pretty much best friends. 

No comments: