Thursday, May 06, 2010

The List

There are a few blogs of people that I do not know personally that I read daily. One of these is Lauren at busybeelauren. She is so talented and creative and always has perfect hair. Today, she posted her top ten favourite things about yesterday, so I decided to do my own version.
Here is my top ten favourite things about this week so far.

10. Working out every day. I actually really love to exercise, but often lack motivation to do it. Two weeks ago, I bought a new workout DVD (Cardio Pilates!), and I love it! I am just waiting for the weather to be happy again so that I can go for a good jog. My running shoes are feeling a little neglected so far this month.

9. I ordered a few things from Forever 21 this week, and the package arrived yesterday. New headbands. New necklace. New glasses. Love. (I also love that they have a Canadian store so that I don't have to worry about currency conversion or extra shipping costs).

8. My hair cooperated three days in a row. This sounds silly, I know. But last week, I decided I needed a trim very badly, but it didn't go the way I wanted so Sunday and Monday were very bad hair days. Then Tuesday my hair decided to be friends again.

7. I got to pick out the classes I want to take in the fall (but I have to wait until June to register). I am excited to go back to school, especially after the awful semester that just ended. I need to be excited about my education again!

6. This week is the Celebrity Invitational Tournament on Jeopardy. I love Jeopardy and I love Jeopardy tournaments!

5. I ate a veggie-infused dinner every night this week. I am definitely feeling healthy.

4. I was reminded many times of how much I love my guy. I love little things that make me think of him, and of us. It makes my heart happy.

3. I had the opportunity to go to institute twice this week with two of my favourite people. ("Jazz body", anyone?)

2. I got a very sweet letter from my very sweet missionary. A letter with lots of "I love you"s, and lots of encouragement. I think he encourages me more than I do for him.

1. On Monday, I was on the computer while Justin was on to do his weekly e-mails. I always try to be online at that time, and it has been such a blessing that we get to catch each other and e-mail back and forth for a bit every week. I really treasure those times. I am so lucky.

All in all, it has been a good week. I'm glad I took the time to reflect back and see how good it has been. Often I forget how lucky I am and focus on what I don't have, rather than what I do have. Ah, I am so blessed!
512 days. 512 days. 512 days.

2 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

I like justins tie! thats a real nice one.

Kristi Beth said...

I like it too! I actually bought it for his birthday last year. It's definitely one of my favourites (and one of his favourites too :) )