Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Girl

Ah, what a day! As I've mentioned a few times, Sundays are one of my favourite days (next to Mondays, of course). I love going to church, feeling the spirit, spending time with family and not working!
Today was an extra special day, because I got to go to my parents' ward for my (distant) cousin Colby's mission farewell. I still can't believe he's old enough to go on a mission! Yikes! After a very spiritually uplifting sacrament meeting, I got to entertain a primary class of kids 5-7 while Candi spoke with the Bishop. Five kids trying to beat me at Rock, Paper, Scissors is definitely entertaining!
After church, the Crapo's had a family potluck which was wonderful! When David and I went up to get our food, we were a little taken back by the great assortment. I am not used to potlucks of that grandeur. I am used to the kind where I am left with my plate half full because I am really skeptical of nearly everything on the table -- not today! Halfway through the table, my plate was already full. Delicious! It was great to just sit and talk with family and enjoy the Sabbath day.
And, I got to end it by hanging out with my big brother and watching The Princess Bride. Perfect.

Oh, and ps. Happy belated birthday to my dad who had his birthday yesterday! We went out for Chinese after work last night. Again, delicious! I have definitely been spoiled in my meals this weekend.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It was a really nice sacrament meeting wasn't it? And Princess Bride is like the best movie ever!