Wednesday, May 05, 2010

So Jealous

Sunday is Mother's Day. Of course I am looking forward to that day, because I get to celebrate the fact that I got the best mom. But, a teensy-tiny part of me (well, it's a big part of me at this moment) is sad that Mother's Day is coming. Why? Mother's Day is the day (along with Christmas day) that missionaries are given permission to call their families. So, on Sunday, Justin gets to call his family and they get to hear his voice. I am so jealous. I would give anything to hear that voice for just a minute. Of course his family has dibs on him, but sometimes I forget that. Maybe I didn't learn my lesson as a child, and still have issues with sharing. I love his family, and am really happy for them that they get to hear from him in four days. I'm just sad I don't.
Okay, pity party over.

I miss that face.

3 comments:

juliane2004 said...

You're not going to go over and talk to him as well? I did for every mothers day and christmas when I had a missionary out.

Did you talk about it at all or ask or anything? I'm sure it'd be ok.

Kristi Beth said...

I guess I should have mentioned that Justin's family lives just outside of Edmonton, so it's a little far to go over there. Plus, we did talk about it before he left and decided against it.

Susan said...

Pffff....Monty & I talked 2 or 3 times a month. For us we did not allow "Absence" to "make the heart grow fonder" or forgetful. BUT..then again we didn't have email..all we had was 4 or 5 days between writing & recieving a letter. That's just me/us though....I'm clearly a bad example.
By the way....you'll seriously want to ask me how I feel about the homecoming.
Love Susan