Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

If you think you have the best mom, you are mistaken (unless you are my sibling), because I have the best mom -- hands down. I love my mom. She has always been there for me whenever I needed her for the past twenty-one years (I'm including my time in utero). My mom has a very tender heart and has always been sympathetic to my experiences -- whether it has been missing my missionary, being frustrated with classes, or just my innate impatience with everything in life. My mom has taught me so much and has always practiced what she preached. My mom (along with my dad) taught me to pray, how to read, how to be a good friend, how to work hard, and how to put the Lord first.
I love my mom very much, and feel so blessed to have her in my life. Even though I would love to be more financially stable in my life right now and be able to move away from home, I am happy that I get to stay and learn more from my parents and grow to love them more.
Today, as I was reflecting on the lessons my mom has taught me throughout my life -- whether by word or action -- I felt much like Helaman's stripling warriors. My mother has taught me the truth and I do not doubt that she knows it.
I am definitely looking forward to the day when I get to hold a baby of my own in my arms and put into practice what my mom has taught me. If I anything that my mom has taught me has really sunk in past the surface, I know I will be just fine.

I love you, mom! Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

Lori A. said...

Beanie
You brought tears again. As I read I thought you must have another mom I wasn't familiar with. I think being a good mom is easier when you have a good mom. I have been richly blessed in that area. Thank you for the kind words. I am so blessed to have you as my daughter and my friend.