Sunday, May 30, 2010

Twenty-one reasons

Twenty-one reasons why I love my life today:

1. I have the greatest family. I have a mom and dad who love me and care about me -- and don't charge me rent! They are also two of my best friends. I also have two wonderful siblings who are pretty awesome and are my best friends too. 
2. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love this. I love the gospel and the blessings and light and it brings to my life. I know that without it, I would be a very different person. I know where I came from, and I know where I am going. I'm not sure if there is anything more important than knowing that!
3. I have fabulous friends. Laughing while eating ice cream is probably not the best idea, but it does lead to more laugh and good memories too. 
4. I love a boy, and he loves me too. Not being with Justin has been really hard these past eight months, but knowing that he is thinking of me while I am thinking of him definitely makes this experience a little more bearable.
5. Tonight my uncle James (who is visiting from Colorado) made his famous Philly Cheese Steaks for lunch with the missionaries and Candi and Chantelle. If you don't love life after biting into one of those, you might not really be alive.
6. I live in a beautiful country. I love being Canadian. Yes, the winters aren't ideal. True, it is not fun to wake up to snow in May. But, this is my home. I am very blessed to live where I do.
7. I can read. Yes, I can. It may seem silly that at nearly twenty-one I am making this statement as if it's a big deal. Actually, it is. It's shocking how many adults are not literate. I am so grateful that I was raised in a home where I was taught to read, and to love reading. I love it. Love, love, love!
8. I have a job. This past week, I had very little motivation to be at work. It was hardly busy, and I found myself wanting to be sent home early every day, but I wasn't -- even though we weren't making enough money to reach of daily targets. Now that that week is over, I can see it as a tender mercy of the Lord. I am grateful to have a job that I enjoy, and a boss that appreciates what I can offer the company. And, the discount on clothes doesn't hurt either -- except that it does sometimes! It's kind of a bad idea for me to work in a clothing store, but I am now seeing it as a daily lesson in self mastery. 
9. I have really good taste in music. Of course I do! I love my music. It calms me. It inspires me. It motivates me. 
10. I feel like I am progressing. Some days I only improve an inch and a centimeter, but I feel like I am becoming a better person. I can look back to a year ago and see how I have changed. I kind of love that. 
11. I have arms and legs that work -- and eyes and ears too! I don't think I need to explain that. I definitely love that I have been blessed with a body that works very well, which means I should take better care of it!
12. I bought yogurt a week ago and have definitely enjoyed it. I love yogurt. I am a sweet-lover, so having a little cup of yogurt helps me with my sweet cravings so that I will stop adding the pounds that have been piling on these past few months.
13. Did I mention that I love a certain boy? Because that is definitely worth another number. I love Justin. He is so amazing! I don't think I could ever accurately express how much I love him and how wonderful he is. I am so lucky. Too lucky, actually. But, I'm certainly not complaining!
14. Along with having friends to laugh with, I have friends that support me and help me when times are tough. One of these friends is Justin's sister, Bailey. She is so sweet. She is always encouraging me, and makes me smile. I look forward to having a little sister! Being the youngest, I always felt like I was missing something by not having a younger sibling -- mainly because I wanted to mould my sibling in my image. So, I am pretty thrilled that when I get married, I will have three younger siblings (in law)!
15. I just got home from a very spiritual evening, topped off by a great heart to heart with a wonderful friend. Did I mention that I love my friends?
16. My dad bought cotton candy ice cream and rainbow ice cream. YUM!
17. Tomorrow is Monday. Enough said.
18. I have been feeling incredible motivation these past few days. I am ready to get my life in order, and grow up! I kind of love being an adult (without a lot of adult responsibilities like rent!)
19. It did not snow today. Yes, it did rain and the sun didn't stay out for long, but it did not snow. I am counting my blessings!
20. My toe nails are painted purple, which is probably my new favourite polish colour.
21. I wore my new red lipstick today. Along with a polka-dot shirt and my favourite tweed skirt. 

And this is why I love my life!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Awesome 21 list of your blessings!

I heard about those wonderful Philly cheese steaks. ; D Candi LOVED them.

P.S. Oh......and yes family certainly is the greatest. Glad you feel loved and don't have to pay rent.

We love and care about our kids, so we DO charge rent......makes stepping out into the world a little easier when that time comes. (*wink)