Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Twenty-one in ten

Twenty-one things to do before I turn thirty-one.

1. Be sealed in the temple to the love of my life. Of course this is at the top of my list. I am so, so excited for Justin to come home so we can get married and be together forever! That thought definitely makes the next sixteen months apart completely worth it!
2. Have kids. I am so excited to be a mom -- whenever that time comes.
3. Go to California. Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to go to California. I had originally dreamed of living in San Francisco, but now I think I am a So Cal girl. Justin and I definitely have plans to head south and visit his mission as soon as we can!
4. Get my license. Yes, you read that correctly. I do not currently have my license. But I will. Very soon! I just need to start practicing.
5. Graduate from university. I am currently working on completely my bachelors degree of Fine Arts in English (with a minor in Psychology). I am pretty certain I will finish in ten years -- though sometimes it feels like I will never finish!
6. Get a "real" job. Even if it is only for a short time (ie. in between graduating and starting a family), I want to have a real job -- meaning not working in retail! (Unless it's a corporate job).
7. Travel Europe. I am definitely aching to go to Europe -- especially England, Paris, Scotland and Italy. One day!
8. Run a marathon. I am getting ready to run my first 5K race this summer, so hopefully I will be ready to run a full on marathon within ten years... well see.
9. Live in another city. I really want to experience living in an another city. It doesn't have to be far, but I want to be able to say that I have lived somewhere besides Calgary all my life.
10. Go to New York. I have also had a deep love and fascination with New York for a very long time. I will get there!
11. Be an auntie. This should go above me having kids, but I thought of it later. No pressure by the way, Marni. I will have another sister by the time I am thirty-one, and David is also able to give me nieces and nephews. (My brothers-in-law to be will not be giving me nieces or nephews before I turn thirty-one).
12. Be at least in the beginning stages of writing my novel. One of my life goals is to write and publish a novel. Fingers crossed that it makes the best-sellers list!
13. Buy a house. I really look forward to owning my own home. I expect to have a few years ahead of me of renting very small places, so the idea of a home all to myself (and my little family) is very exciting.
14. See a taping of Jeopardy. I am definitely planning to go to a taping of Jeopardy when we visit California. There is no way I would miss that opportunity!
15. Be a contestant on Jeopardy. Another dream of mine is to be a contestant on Jeopardy. I took the online test last year on a whim, but didn't qualify. I have a few years to smarten up.
16. Own something designer. Whether it's a pair of shoes, a handbag or a sweater, I want to own something designer -- and have the funds to do so.
17. Pay off my student loan. I only have student loans from my first two years of university, so I would really like to pay it off as soon as possible -- especially since it is likely that my husband will have some loans to deal with.
18. See Jack Johnson, Coldplay and Brand New live. I have had the chance to see Brand New live (three years ago) but I will definitely go again!
19. Watch every Audrey Hepburn movie. I have watched many of her movies, but I am far from watching all of them.
20. Go to Australia. Hmm, it looks like I will be having an expensive next ten years! But, I think it will be worth it!
21. I want to be able to make anything without having to call my mom for help. I definitely appreciate the fact that my mom is the source of most of my baking knowledge, but I hope that I will be able to do it all on my own soon!



Some day that will be me walking across that street! Some day!
What do you want to do before 2020?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

you have inspired me to write a 21 in 10 list on my blog...but not tonight...tomorrow ; )