Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Matter of Time

It's the 30th already! And you know what that means! Another month has come and gone and I am closer and closer to being with my guy again. Today, we have reached nine months since Justin entered the mission field -- we have a "mission baby" as mom said today. In some ways, it feels like it goes by painfully slow and in others it seems as if it has flown by. The last three months have definitely been better than the first six, but I think that that is mainly to do with the fact that I am just accustomed to Justin being on a mission. I am used to the weekly e-mails and letters and the lack of daily communication (which took me a really long time to get used to). I do have really hard days where I feel like there's no way I'll be able to make it another day but then there are other days when I see something that reminds me of Justin, or read his letters and realize that I can do this. We can do this. Our motto for this experience has always been "We are tough people". We got that from a quote that my dear Granny has on her fridge: "Tough times don't last. Tough people do. We are tough people!". So, we are tough people, and we will last.

June 30, 2008. Hanging out with our pal, Winnie a few days after Justin's high school graduation. 

Dear months ten to twenty-four, please speed by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Clipping Path said...

I'm personally a big fan of kandccraig blog. Thanks for sharing this post.