Friday, June 25, 2010

Story Time

I think it's time for a short story time today. Sound good?
In the last few months, I have had a few people comment on the fact that I do not look or act my age. I have continually been mistaken for being at least three or four years older than I am, which I am not too thrilled about. Anyhow, while applying for my irewards card at Chapters, the clerk asked me if I was a teacher (because they get a discount on the card). I was surprised that I looked old enough or mature enough to be a teacher. I was kind of happy about it, because I have always wanted to be a teacher, and was a little tickled that I had that look about me. However, my slight elation took a quick turn when minutes later while walking through the mall, I was stopped by a man who looked to be about thirty (ten years my senior) and this man proceeded to ask me out for coffee because I had "caught his eye". Really? Who does that? I was very relieved to reply that I was not single. I love not being single. It's pretty fabulous.
Anyhow, that is as exciting as my life has been in the last nine months.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I had a guy call me at home and ask me if I wanted to go out sometime. I was like "uh, NO, I'm happily married, thanks". I don't even know who the guy was! Seriously creepy...

If you become a teacher, I hope you move here so you can be Tanner's teacher. You would be AWESOME!

Laura Dunford said...

I don't think you look 30... :)
I think you look 21.