Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Twenty-one pieces of wisdom

On Monday night, I started to feel a cold coming on and since then, I have been living in a cloud of my sinus cold. Hence, I have not felt motivated to put words together. But, I will attempt tonight. I need some blog time after a very stressful day at work (dearest Friday, come soon!). Today, I will share a list of wisdom.
Twenty-one things I have learned from my parents:

1. When you are sick, take vitamin C. Drink water. Rest.
2. Don't borrow something unless you can afford to replace it, and if you can buy it yourself!
3. Always wear clean underwear.
4. When you are staying as a guest in someone's home, always make the bed.
5. Loud music is required for cleaning.
6. Take care of what you need first, and what you want will be taken care of or you will realize you can live without it.
7. Family is most important.
8. Trust in the Lord. He knows best.
9. It's okay to show emotions.
10. Be prepared.
11. Ice cream may not be the cure for the grumpies, but it sure helps!
12. Air guitar is an art
13. Music is meant to be listened to and enjoyed. Loudly.
14. You should treat your family like strangers -- as in as kind as you would a stranger.
15. Don't worry about the things you can't control -- which includes pretty much everything.
16. Good things come to those who wait.
17. What may seem hard today will be easier tomorrow, and if it's not, it will be easier the next day.
18. If you really want to accomplish something, do it! Don't wait for opportunity to come to you.
19. Happiness is being married to your best friend.
20. You should always treat your spouse with respect, no matter what!
21. Your parents actually know what they are talking about.

I should have started that list by saying that I have not always embraced these lessons, and that each lesson has not necessarily been verbalized as such, but I have learned these from my very wise parents (and more!).

1 comment:

Prete Family said...

Kristi, I love you and am so glad to call you family. Your blog makes me happy. Thanks for doing it. <3