Friday, June 11, 2010

Hope

Waiting for Justin while he is on his mission is really, really hard! It is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done in my short twenty years of life. Although I know that I want to keep waiting, and want to marry Justin it can still be super discouraging to be here alone while he is gone. Luckily, I am surrounded by amazing family members and friends that help me along the way. Another thing that really helps is hearing success stories of other girls that waited for missionaries and married them, like my parents, my (distant) cousin who just married Justin's friend, and even people that I don't personally know, like Lauren at busy bee lauren. Read her sweet love story here.
Reading or listening to stories like that give me hope and make me realize that I can do this, and if it's what I want, I can make it happen. It also helps that I had a really good dream about my missionary being home this morning before I woke up.

I am quite positive that sixteen months from now, when I see this boy again, my smile will be even bigger. It may not look possible, but I will show that it is!
476 days. 476 days. 476 days. 

3 comments:

Mandy said...

You most likely will be smiling and crying all at the same time! I have a cousin that went on a mission and then when he came back, married the girl he dated (she also waited) and they are happy. It can happen. The best thing to do is to pray when you feel discouraged about it. The Lord can help you and comfort you. Just always keep in mind "His will be done". Patience is a virtue and you are already a very patient person and you can do this. You really can!

Lynn said...

Hope is a good thing. So is faith. Faith that if it is all meant to be.....it will be.

My mom and dad were dating since 16 years of age. First ones they ever dated were each other. They too waited for each other while she finished her Nursing education and he his mission. They even had a house (well...actually a shed) and a piece of land together before he went on his mission.

And the rest is history as they say.. I am sure you can figure out that they did get married. Ground Hog day in 1965. And moi was born 10 months later. ; D

Valeri Finley said...

I love reading your blog Kristi! And I cant WAIT to read YOUR story about seeing Justin at the airport when he gets home :-)