Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

I finally finished it last night. I've been reading this one since the beginning of November, but because of school and other distractions (like starting new books --  I have a sickness, I know) I wasn't able to finish it yet.
So, how was it? I actually quite enjoyed it. There were moments where I wondered what Jane Austen would think of this take on her timeless classic, and others where I was in a fit of laughter.
Overall, I appreciated it. It was quite humorous and I feel like for the most part, the integrity of it remained intact.
This will however be my last venture into the world of re-written classics -- it's a little over done these days!

 

p.s. Book club members, I hope you enjoyed/are enjoying our pick this month. I'll post discussion questions at the end of the month. Happy reading!

No comments: