Saturday, December 18, 2010

Brief relief

I feel the need to breathe a giant sigh of relief right now. I finally finished school this week and handed in my final papers Friday. I had another unmotivated semester and am glad it is over. I am looking forward to January and what it will bring -- especially since I have had some major wakeup calls in regards to my education and am looking forward to a semester where I actually put forth some genuine effort. 
I was sick yesterday, and unable to go to work (well, I could have gone, but that would not have been fun), so I did some sleeping, extremely quick (and uninspiring) essay writing, and movie watching. Thank you Will Ferrell for keeping my spirit light. "Elf" was just the cure for my blues last night. That and a cup of chicken noodle. And a warm blanket. Mmm.
And today after a very, very busy day at work (my busiest yet -- I was on cash for nearly my entire shift), and a frustrating shopping adventure (try to find a nice black skirt and jewel-toned top -- not easy!), I got to escape the world for a little while and enjoy a movie with my sister. We saw "Life as We Know It" and it was wonderfully charming. I laughed, I cried, and cried and laughed. 
Before my relief turns into stress again tomorrow, I shall enjoy my Christmas music and a little light reading ("Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" -- a joy!). 
xo

No comments: