Sunday, December 05, 2010

Old Enough

I am realizing more and more that I am growing up -- whether I like it or not. I often don't feel old enough to have friends married, or having babies. It seems strange to think that I could be married in less than two years, and starting that chapter of my life.
This feeling of "not being old enough" is pretty strong right now, especially with my newest calling. Today I was called to be the Relief Society President of my YSA ward. It is such a huge responsibility and I am terrified! Our last president was so amazing. I have really big shoes to fill!
What I have learned this weekend is that prayers are answered. And also that Heavenly Father knows my potential, even if I myself can't see it.
I just need to remember to take really deep breaths. In. And out.
"Keep calm and carry on", right?

3 comments:

Marni & James said...

I know you will be great Kristi. You have a great love for the sisters in your ward and for Relief Society and that will help you in your calling. You also have great counselors that will help you out and also a great Bishopbric. And of course you have a sister that has served in the presidency in a ysa ward and will help anytime you need it :)

Unknown said...

you will be fabulous kristi! the girls in that ward are blessed to have you serve them in that calling.

Lynn said...

I agree with the other commenters.

The Lord knows you more than you know yourself. He will be there to guide you through it all.

Just remember that all the previous presidents have been there too when it comes to feeling "not old enough". ; D Your newest 1st Councilor also has been there. So you have plenty of "old" experienced ones to draw from.

Congratulations! IT was exciting when we heard.