Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

When I am married and have kids, I want to be the ideal homemaker. I want to have a perfectly decorated home, with well behaved children -- boys who look just like their father, and maybe a girl or two that look like me. I want to cook healthy dinners every night, and have fun with my family. I want to sew beautiful things for our home and make homemade Halloween costumes for the kids. I want to make pies and cakes just because and scrapbook all the important family moments.
Sure to some this may sound like a delusional dream, but it's not to me.
I am trying to practice my skills, so as I mentioned before, I planned a Thanksgiving dinner for my family tonight. All together there were eleven of us (me, mom, dad, Marni, James, David, Carla, Granny, Papa, Uncle Marsh and my good friend Chantelle). Our table was pretty crowded, but we still had a lovely time. I love being with my family -- especially when we are sharing delicious food! (Thank you to mom and David for prepping the turkey and dad for the gravy!)
I also tried my hand at making pies. Not so easy. But, I learned a lot from my first time and look forward to trying it again soon. I forgot to get some pictures, so just use your imagination of what my project looked like. 
I am really so thankful for my family, and am so excited for the day when I will have children of my own that I get to share my life with. 

ps. Two Thanksgivings will probably be a tradition in my family now. I love it!
pps. Comments? I'm starving here. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dinner was delicious! i must say, you are a natural at entertaining and making pies. thanks for the invite:)

David Dudley said...

i want to have two thanksgivings too!
there is always so much to be thankful for.