Friday, November 05, 2010

Count Your Blessings

It is nearly ten o'clock, and my bed is calling my name. But first I need to share a few thoughts.
It is November 5th, and yet it was almost 20 degrees all day. I could hardly believe it when I walked to the bus stop this morning, wearing my lightest spring jacket, and I did not feel the slightest chill. It was almost surreal. I am so glad that fall decided to hold on a little longer. They say today was the last nice day we will have, so I am thankful I got to enjoy it a little bit.
I find when times are tough, I need to count my blessings even more and focus on the good. Sometimes that is really, really hard (like right this moment), but I know it is needed.
Let's count my blessings, shall we?


1. I have a home.
2. I live in a beautiful country.
3. I am in love.
4. I have a wonderful family.
5. My legs still work, even after I make them endure intense exercise they weren't used to.
6. I have amazing friends.
7. I am fortunate enough to be getting a good education.
8. I have a job that I actually enjoy.
9. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
10. My ears work, and allowed me to listen to the wonderful sounds today.


That feels a little better. My heart is still hurting a little bit, but I am constantly reminded that I can do tough things. And friends, so can you.
xo


Blessing #3. 

"So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end."

No comments: