Monday, November 22, 2010

Lessons

I tend to learn my lessons over and over and over again. Apparently I have a very poor memory when it comes to things like life lessons. The lesson I am learning tonight: do not compare yourself to others. This is the hardest for me to overcome. I have always had issues with it -- whether it was my sister being able to do things because she was three years older, or girls getting married who are much younger than me. I can only really know what I need and what is best for me (though I guess I don't know that most of the time). Hopefully I will figure this out one day.

ps. I know you are reading this. I miss having comments.

3 comments:

Prete Family said...

I am sorry you feel this way, as there truly can be NO ONE who compares to being YOU. YOU are soooooo amazing, so interesting, so humble, so beautiful, so smart, so funny, so well-rounded, SO unique. I bet there are more people than me who wish they could be more like you. Don't discredit yourself! Have you read the book "Walden"? I heard of it the other day and immediately thought of you. It sounded like a book you would love. (Sorry, that was kind of off topic. Lol) Anyways, whatever you do, don't compare yourself to others-easier said than done (I know from experience). Be glad you're you-the world needs more Kristi Beth Dudleys! <3 xoxoxo

Lori A. said...

Awww Beanie. I was going to comment something wise and wonderful but Sarah said it pretty well. I won't try to top it, just agree with her. Having known you in so many different and intimate ways I am qualified to say You Are One Of A Kind. A good kind. LOve your face.

Mandy said...

Comparing ourselves to each other is actually a tool of the adversary...you probably already knew that. It takes time to feel truly and honestly 100% comfortable in your own skin. I, myself, just found this place in the last year...and I'm 31 ; )

It will come. The only advise I have to give about this is this: when you start comparing yourself to others, start making mental notes about all that you love about yourself. Keep a journal (it sounds like you already do) of all the things that you love about yourself or are grateful for or the positive things that are happening in your life.

We are all unique and the Lord knows each of us individually and loves us all equally.