Tuesday, November 09, 2010

The Sound of Music

Last week, the cast of "The Sound of Music" were guests on Oprah, in celebration of 45 years since its release. Mom, being the wonderful mom that she is, PVR'd it for me. It was splendid. And since then, I have been getting my "Sound of Music" fix anywhere I can get it. First, I found the soundtrack on iTunes and promptly bought it, and listened to it. Over and over. And then tonight, I watched it. And let me tell you, it was wonderful.
I have loved this movie since I was a wee one and will continue to love it for the rest of my life. 
As I was watching it tonight (for the first time in maybe two or more years), I realized how much was lost on me when I was a kid. I liked the music, and wanted desperately to be one of the Von Trapp children, but the historical and political issues of the film meant nothing to me then. Now, older and wiser, I get it. It's just funny how that happens. I actually find that a lot now, re-watching movies or TV shows I watched when I was a kid. I realize now that I didn't know anything then, and most things just went right over my head.
Anyhow. I love "The Sound of Music". A lot. It means a lot to me, and I will forever cherish. I am so excited for the day when I can share it with my children! 

No comments: