Friday, November 26, 2010

Clarification: Response to "Lessons"

After reading the comments I received from Monday's post, I felt the need to clarify. I wasn't meaning to be down on myself. Yes, there are times that I compare myself to others in such a way that it makes me feel inadequate, but that wasn't what was going on in my head Monday night. It was more of comparing my current situation the that of others. I was reminded Monday night that I have a really great life. I have wonderful friends -- seriously amazing girls that bring me up when I am at my lowest. I have an amazing family, a good job, a boyfriend who loves me (even if he is far away), the promise of a university degree somewhere in my future. Anyway. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't having a pity party and wasn't trying to solicit comments. However, I must thank my mommy and Sarah for their sweet words. Thank you. And thank you to those in my life that remind me daily that I have much to be grateful for.

xo

No comments: