Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dates

I was just reading a blog post about going on dates, and I realized that I miss going on dates! I miss doing my hair, buying a new outfit, and having my man come to the door, and whisk me away. Justin and I never went on super fancy dates, but they were always wonderful, because we were together. 
Sometimes I think I am wasting my money on clothes, because the only nice place I get to wear them is church. But, that is okay, because I like dressing up for church and just every day too. But, I miss having a reason, like a hot date, to use them! And I recently (a few months ago) bought a beautiful pair of red shoes that could use a night on the town. They just make it to church every few weeks. 
Don't get me wrong, I am not wanting to go on a date. I only want to go on dates with Justin. I just miss it.
On the bright side, I do know that I have a date in 556 days (give or take a few days). Oh, I cannot wait! 
One of my favourite dates with Justin. We went out for Chinese, then for a walk around Stony Plain. It was cold. But wonderful.
 556 days. 556 days. 556 days. 

3 comments:

Amber said...

I know I'm not Justin...but you should go on a date with me! Girls nights warrant dressing up and they are a lot of fun!

Susan said...

Kristi Honey...You have to date while you wait. You have to get out there & just have tons of fun. I know exactly what you are feeling..It's so difficult to want to go out with someone else while you are "waiting" for your missionary. You're not betraying your love for him; you are re-affirming it. This way you would know for sure that he is what you want because you've seen what you don't want. He wouldn't want you to be pining over him 24/7.
Go buy something fabulous & get out there.

Kristi Beth said...

Thank you, Amber. I might take you up on that offer!
And thank you, Susan. At the present time I really don't feel good about going on dates, but I definitely understand the importance of remaining social. I try as best I can. Thanks for the support!