Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sweetness

I have a few weird quirks. Maybe more than a few... And I often wonder if I am alone in my quirks, or if others share them. For instance, when I have spicy food, I like to eat something sweet after. I'm not quite sure why, but my palate seems to think it will balance out. Either that or it stems from the time I tried my dad's Salsa-brava for the first time and my parents gave me M&Ms (the crunchy ones, in the blue package) to combat the fire that exploded in my mouth.

2 comments:

M said...

Nope, not weird. Whenever I have a meal that has more than one type of food, I eat one food at a time until it is all gone before I start ont he next one.

We can be quirky together.

Laura Dunford said...

I call you Indian. At a lot of Indian restaurants I've been to they give you your delicious spicy food followed by some sweet goodness to cleanse your pallet.