Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baking help

I love to bake, as we all know -- and if you didn't know that already, allow me to introduce myself. Hi, I am Kristi. I love to bake.
So, now that we have established that fact, let's get to the point of this post. I love to bake a lot. I will find any excuse to try my hand at anything involving sugar and flour, resulting in the end result of yummy in my tummy. I especially love making cakes and cupcakes. I want to make some cupcakes or a cake this week for a Relief Society activity that we are having, but want to be sensitive of the allergies that some of the sisters in my ward have. There are a few that are lactose intolerant and this causes a slight issue with my buttercream icing recipe. I use about three tablespoons of milk in it (for the three cups it makes), but I'm not sure if that makes a difference to someone who has that allergy. So, here is where you come in, my lovely readers. Does that make a difference? Do you know of any dairy free recipes that would be super yummy for all?

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I will be honest and say that I've never tasted any of these recipes yet......but I do have this on file, just in case I ever needed it.

It's a link to many sauces and frostings (Dairy Free). You might want to check it out:

http://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od/sweetsaucesfrostings/Dessert_Sauces_Frostings.htm