Sunday, January 16, 2011

It Only Takes a Moment

It's really hard being away from someone you love. Some days are harder than others, but it's never really easy. For the most part, you just get used to the time and distance and wait for those moments when your heart can be whole again.
Lately I have been having a really hard time with Justin being gone. I am at the point where I am getting really excited for him to come home (in 8 1/2 months!), but completely terrified at the same time. We have kept our relationship incredibly strong these past fifteen months, but there are those moments where I wonder, and worry, and fret. I wonder if I made the right decision. I wonder if maybe I should try dating other guys. I wonder if it will all come back and if we'll be able to go through on the plans we've made.
And then there are times where I read a letter, or hear a song, or see a picture and I just know. I know that I love Justin and I know that we'll be okay.
I just had one of those moments a few seconds ago. Justin's mom just e-mailed me a picture that one of her friends had found from the summer Justin graduated. It made my heart melt and smile and squeal with joy. I love this boy. This man. I love him and I am so lucky that he loves me too. I can do eight and a half months. And more importantly, I can do today. One day at a time. And soon enough, I'll be with him again, laughing because I was worried for no reason. 
My man and his other girl, Jill. 

1 comment:

GoMo said...

I know exactly how you feel. This even happened when I knew Gordon was going to propose. I already knew it was right but there's always those little doubts that creep in and the "what ifs" start to gnaw at you a little. One thing I always tried to remember was that doubt was Satan's tool and that if I already had received confirmation that something was right and it was bringing me joy, then any doubts were not from the Lord. I know you know this already but sometimes it helped me to remind myself.
<3