Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Come On Get Happy

After a conversation with one of my co-workers today, where I tried to convince him that it can actually be fun to work in the kid's department, I became more aware of my lack of cynicism that seems to plague this world (especially people I work with -- what is it about a bookstore that decreases optimism?).
I like being optimistic. I like seeing the good in people. I don't think that I am naive (though yes, I will admit I can be naive in some regards). I feel like giving way to a negative outlook on life would seriously diminish any chance at happiness. And I want to be happy, and I'm okay with that. 
I believe in love, and I believe in good. And I'm pretty sure a few happy thoughts a day will extend my life a little, which I wouldn't complain about. 

{photo Max Wagner}

1 comment:

Laura Dunford said...

She has wings! How lovely. I want to jump in my ruffle sleeve shirt now.