Wednesday, April 28, 2010

There Is a Light That Never Goes Out

Lately, I have been in the mood to listen to The Smiths. All the time. Actually, it's like a craving. I get music cravings all the time -- a lot more than food cravings. I love The Smiths. Their songs are best listened to on a quiet afternoon, sitting on your bed with nothing to do. Their songs are the type that take you to another place, calm your nerves and put a smile on your face. Their songs are the kind with lyrics that stay in your head for days, playing over and over. (Think Zooey Deschanel in 500 Days of Summer in the elevator. You love them too, don't you?)
I love The Smiths. And Morrissey. Also, I love how often Jesse Lacey references them ("Mixtape" anyone?).

1 comment:

child of the universe said...

i love everything about this post. and brand new.