Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In the Waiting Line

Eight
That is the number of girls I know personally who are married or engaged who happen to be younger than me. It seems so weird that this is where my life is now. It seems odd that at twenty years old (twenty-one soon) I am feeling old -- like I am not moving on with my life like everyone around me is. Yes, this is silly. When I stop and think about it, I realize that I am very happy with my life. I am in love. I am actually happy that I have some time before I make a huge change in my life. I am lucky that I have some time to work on myself before he and I becomes "we". I have time to get my selfish nature out of my system and get my life in order so that I can be as happy as I possibly can be. Really, I don't envy other people that are getting married -- well I do, but only in the sense that I sometimes get impatient knowing what I want and can't have it (yet). Also, sometimes I think that its a little unfair when couples get married and they have known each other for less time than I have been dating Justin, it seems they should have to wait in line. But, as my mom tells me very often, life isn't fair. I know this. I just know that I am a very, very lucky girl. I have such a good life, and have a very good future ahead of me.
For love like this, I can wait. 
 

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I use to feel that way about having kids. It seemed like I was the last one on earth to have a baby but then my friend said to me "You shouldn't try to keep up with the "Jones'". Your turn will come"

We all have our special purposes in life and when the time is right, you'll have your turn. Some people wait a whole lifetime to find what you already have and people might look at you and think "why can't I have that". It's hard, though, not to compare ourselves to other people sometimes. It's just the "natural man" in us. But deep down, you know what you have is amazing and that you can look forward to it.