Thursday, October 28, 2010

"The spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings..."

Today, my love of English Literature was renewed. First thing this morning, I got to sit in my Romantic Lit class and listen to my professor recite some Wordsworth poems and gush about how amazing it is that we get to read such wonderful poetry today. It is so refreshing to have a professor that really loves literature and cares about what she is teaching.
And then, my love quadrupled when I read William Wordsworth's poem "Lines Written a Few Miles Above Tintern Abbey". Love. Really. Wordsworth wrote the kind of poetry that moves from my brain straight to my heart. I love it. 
So friends, do your heart some good and read poetry. 


"Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility"
-William Wordsworth

No comments: