Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sounds of Summer

I think the fact that I love music is well established. So, today, I have decided to share a few of my favourites this summer. These are the songs I have had playing in my head before I go to sleep, the ones I sing in the shower, the ones I have rediscovered, the ones that make my legs run.

1. "At Or With Me", Jack Johnson
2. "Miles Davis & The Cool", The Gaslight Anthem
3. "If It Kills Me", Jason Mraz
4. "Brooklyn Boy", Kevin Devine
5. "Piazza, New York Catcher", Belle & Sebastian
6. "All You Ever Wanted", The Black Keys
7. "Going Away to College", blink-182
8. "Against the Grain", City and Colour
9. "The Way You Look Tonight", Ella Fitzgerald (AMAZING!)
10. "There is a Light That Never Goes Out", The Smiths
11. "I Woke Up in a Car", Something Corporate
12. "Ten Ton Shoes", Straylight Run
13. "Hanging On the Telephone", Blondie
14. "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot", Brand New
15. "Blueside", Rooney
16. "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?", She & Him
17. "Cue the Sun!", Daphne Loves Derby
18. "Fireflies", Owl City
19. "The Window's Peak", Dashboard Confessional
20. "Faithfully", Glee Cast (Journey cover)
21. "Cath...", Death Cab for Cutie
22. "So Says I", The Shins
23. "This is For Real", Motion City Soundtrack
24. "Addicted to Love", Florence + The Machine (Robert Palmer cover)
25. "Suffragette City", David Bowie

Happy listening, friends.

ps. EFY starts in FOUR days! Eek!

No comments: