Monday, February 08, 2010

High Maintenance Woman

I am a very particular person. Some -- or many-- might call me picky. I like things to be a certain way. I'm not like that about everything, but with a lot of things I am. For instance, if I am going to be going out of town, I have to have my clothing picked out specifically for each day and activity, and generally that preparation happens at least a week in advance. I know exactly what kind of engagement ring I want (and so does he), and I don't want anything else. I will not wear the same outfit to church two Sundays in a row, or even in the same month. I absolutely have to shower before I leave the house, even if it's just to drop my mail off down the street. I must have my Chapstick with me at all times, no matter which purse I am carrying. I have to eat about every three hours, or else I get cranky (just ask Justin). Also, I need my water. I also get cranky if I don't have enough water. I will not eat anything but breakfast type food for breakfast. However, oddly enough I am okay with eating breakfast type foods for any other meal. I need to know what the weather will be doing every day so that I can plan my footwear, and thus plan my wardrobe around that. So, I'm pretty picky. But, is that a bad thing? I like things to be a certain way, and I will tell people (generally Justin) the way that I want it to be. Does that make me a bad person? The way I see it, I'm saving other people from having to deal with my unhappiness of having something go the way I don't want it to. I know I am sounding incredibly diva right now. I'm not a diva. (Or am I?) I just know what I like, and what works for me. Does anyone else feel the same way?


I promise, I am not this bad! 

6 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

Kristi, I think you are just GREAT! I am the same way about a lot of those things, especially the outfits for a trip or for church. I don't wear half my clothes as much as most people do because I'm just such a nit-pick about outfit repeating!! This post just made me love you more, and no you are not a diva or a bad person. You are Kristi which equals awesomeness.

Kristi Beth said...

Thanks, Laura. You're sweet. I'm glad that there are others like me out there!

Lori A. said...

Aww Bean. I love your gift of expression. And you are such an individual. I may have given birth to you but that seems to be where my influence ended but that is a good thing. I have no problem wearing the same thing to church every week. And planning ahead---well not a bit. You stay being who you are and keep making me smile and being in awe of the woman you are becoming.

Lynn said...

Ha HA. I am with your mom! You are so cute! Love how you think and how you write.

Loved this post. Too cute! The comic is hilarious!

juliette pouwer said...

enjoy the ability to be high maintainance while it lasts, motherhood has a way of putting those things you thought were very important on the back burner. Usually because now you want your kids to look cute in what they are wearing. I'm lucky to get a pair of shoes on before a child races out the door let alone a cute pair that may match :D

Mandy said...

I think we all have idosycrices (spelling??? sorry : ( ) and that's okay. We all have things that we like a particular way. It's just a preference and there;s nothing wrong about that. If you don't let it control your life then you are NOT H.M.