Sunday, February 28, 2010

The End's Not Near, It's Here

The Olympics are over! I am sad to see them go. I have enjoyed the past two weeks so much! It has been such a wonderful experience to see these amazing athletes represent the country that I love so dearly. And I think they did a pretty swell job! Twenty-six medals total! A record for us in Winter Olympics. And fourteen gold -- a world record. I did not expect that Bilodeau's historic moment at the beginning of the games would be repeated over and over again as much as it was. But of course I am so happy it was! I love the Olympics so much. I love to see each country do their best and demonstrate (for the most part) true sportsmanship and what love of sport and country is all about. I loved watching it all. I even watched curling this year! I love my country. And, I am pretty stoked that we won the hockey game today -- even though I didn't watch it (because going to church was definitely more important). On the bright side, I will probably be more productive this week!
Now, that is the face of a winner. I love that excitement! 
I know that the US wanted this gold really badly, and I'm sorry that they lost (I am. I feel very kindly to the US as of late) but, I'm happy that we won, and that we got to experience this. 

No comments: