Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week in review

I have officially been working the new job for one week. I still love it and am definitely more comfortable than I was on my first or second day. I actually know where to find specific books now, and don't give people the blank stare quite as much anymore. Also, I made my first employee purchase yesterday (Mini-Shopaholic. I love it so far and will be sure to post a review on a my book blog once complete). And I also put my first few "Staff Pick" stickers on my favourites yesterday. I was so excited to do that! Seriously, it's thrilling! Of course I chose A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (my all-time favourite), as well as Little Women, Little House in the Big Woods and Curious George. As the weeks go on, I'll venture out to the rest of the store and mark my other favourites. I love being surrounded by books all day and fun kids toys. I love seeing little kids find books and laugh all day. I don't love it when kids have fits because they have to leave or because they can't reach a toy, but the good outweighs the bad.
I am working so much (thirty-two hours per week) that I am finding it hard to balance it with my school work. I dropped my Psych class to help ease the load (also I didn't need the class, and didn't like it), but I definitely need to sit down and budget my time. I know I will be much happier and less stressed once I do so.
On a happier note, tomorrow is Monday, which means e-mails from the boyfriend. I can't wait! Also, Thursday is our official one-year mark! I can't wait to start counting down the months!
Happy Sabbath, friends. I hope today has been an uplifting one!

No comments: