Sunday, September 19, 2010

Catch-up

I believe it's time for a little bit of a catch-up. This past week has been a busy one. A week of beginnings, a week of endings. A week of many thoughts, a week of many memories.
On Tuesday, I had my first day of classes for this fall. Wahoo! Now that I only have classes two days a week (Tuesday and Thursday -- yes, I planned it!), my days at school are packed! Four classes, one day -- it's busy! But, I feel like it is the best fit for me right now.
So far, I love my classes (though it might take another day or so to love my Psych class... still debating whether or not to keep it) and feel like I will be having a pretty good semester -- but busy! Oh, the reading that I have ahead of me these next three months! But, of course, I love it!
Also this week, I had my very last day at Reitmans. It was weird. I was so, so happy to be done, but a little sad too. My last month of work has been a really tough one. I had felt very little motivation to even be at work most of the time and often felt that my efforts were wasted. But, I finished my time and can say that the last four years there (yep, four years!) have definitely helped me grow and will certainly help me in my future careers.
And speaking of future careers. I started my job at Chapters on Friday. Oh, boy! It was a pretty slow day for the most part, and for most of it I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing, but it ended well. I think I am going to like it. I was also pleased by the fact that they didn't want me working today because they didn't want to "overwhelm" me. Thank you for the day off! Because of having the day off I was able to help out my mom and brother-in-law with the Food Bank Food-Drive pick-up and hang out with my big brother.
So yeah, it has been a long week, but a good week. I look forward to the next few months ahead of me and what challenges they will bring.

Goodnight, dear friends.
xo

No comments: