Monday, September 13, 2010

Real Love

I am a hopeless romantic. Always have been, always will be. I believe in true love, and I believe that love truly conquers all. I've seen it.
Part of that comes from just me, but it also comes from the relationships I have witnessed over my twenty-one years -- primarily my parents. On Saturday, my parents celebrated their twenty-eighth anniversary. Twenty-eight years ago, they were sealed in the Cardston temple for time and all eternity. Since that day, they have raised three children and gone through many, many ups and downs. But, through it all, they have put each other first. They have always remained in love, and best friends.
As the rest of the world sinks into deeper cynicism about love and marriage, I believe in it more and more. First of all, I know that marriage is ordained of God. I know that marriage is a commandment and is sacred. And second of all, I have seen proof that it can work (my grandparents are also a good example to me -- married 57 years this December!).
So, now you know why I am so, so, so excited to be the wife of my love. I know that relationships are hard. I know that marriage will be hard. But, I also know that love (though yes, mom it is not the only reason to marry someone) is all you need.

Happy belated anniversary, mom and dad! 
I sure am glad you got married!

No comments: