Friday, June 12, 2009

The Winner Takes it All

 I am not generally a huge hockey fan. I do enjoy the sport though (would I be a true Canadian if I didn't?). But, this last playoff season, I have enjoyed it more than usual. This year, my mom decided to have a hockey pool within my family. A few of my uncles, my grandparents, and some of my cousins joined in on the fun. My boyfriend, Justin, joined my team and we had a lot of fun putting together our team. It was really quite enjoyable to watch the games with my family. Most of the time, I only watched the players from my team, and only cared when they scored.After the first round, I decided that Pittsburgh was my team. They played amazingly. Really. I thankfully had Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby on my team, so it helped that they were always racking up the points. So, you can probably imagine that I was pretty excited that tonight, my favourite team of the 2009 playoffs had the honour of hoisting the Stanley Cup in victory. It was such a great game tonight. So good. It's also been quite a hoot to watch the games with my brother, David. David isn't really a hockey fan either, but he's really been into it with the playoffs. He gets so into it that sometimes he scares my mom. One night, we were watching Pittsburgh play against Washington, and they were so close to scoring. It was one of those times when you're on the edge of your seat and ready to pull out your hair when they miss. So, when they missed what would have been a perfect goal, David lets out this scream or cry, I don't know what you'd call it. If you weren't in the room, you'd really think that he was in pain or something. My mom happened to be upstairs, getting ready to go to sleep. You can imagine what she thought. Maybe you had to be there.
Anyway, I'm just really happy that the Penguins won tonight. It was certainly well deserved! Go Pittsburgh!!!

No comments: