Thursday, June 11, 2009

Loverly

Audrey Hepburn. I love Audrey Hepburn. She is the epitome of style, grace, and elegance. Not only were her movies amazing (Funny Face, Breakfast at Tiffany's, etc.), but the way she lived her life was really amazing.
Now, it is hard to find a celebrity who you would want to chose as your role model. Though many of them are good people and play the part of the perfect hero on screen, we all know that, for the most part, the screen rarely translates to real life. But, I have found a role model in Audrey. From her flawless style to making sure you have enough colour in your meals, I've learned a lot from her. No, I never had the chance to meet her. I wish I could. She is most certainly on my list of "Who would you want to meet? Living or dead?"
If you have never seen an Audrey Hepburn movie, watch one! Right now! I have yet to see them all, but the ones I have seen are nothing short of fantastic. And, if you're an Audrey fan like me, I would definitely suggest reading her biography, the one her son Sean Hepburn Ferrer wrote (Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit). She truly lived an amazing life. 
"For attractive lips, Speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, Seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, Share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, Let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, Walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, Have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, And redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, You will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; One for helping yourself, and the other for helping others."  - Audrey Hepburn

4 comments:

Candi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candi said...

Sorry my brain is a mess. HERE is what I was trying to say:

She is definitely my all time favorite celebrity. She is so amazing and gorgeous. I love her makeup in this picture. We should get together sometime and watch and Audrey Hepburn movie!

Kristi Beth said...

Yes, we definitely should!!!

lauren said...

Totally agree.
Audrey is a beauty queen, and for all the right reasons.
My best friend gave me this amazing photo of her for my birthday last year. It's up on my wall. I think you would adore it!
Aaaand, I'd like to somehow get in on that Audrey party.