Sunday, June 14, 2009

That Sunday That Summer

Today was a good day. It started off at six AM -- which is a little too early for a Sunday morning. But, today I had to be up earlier to go to Banff with my brother. We went to see our friend, Alison who was speaking in the branch in Banff. Alison just got home from her mission in Arkansas two weeks ago. It was so great to see her, and she gave a wonderful talk. After the meetings, they had a potluck in the backyard of the church. It is absolutely beautiful there. You walk out, and BAM! there is a mountain! 
After eating and visiting, David and I drove back to Calgary. I was so exhausted and ended up falling asleep pretty much as soon as we drove out of the parking lot. It was not the best sleep I've ever had. Sleeping in a car is not my favourite activity, especially without a pillow. At one point, my entire body jerked. It was horrible. And, my great brother snapped a few pictures of me. Hopefully he will keep those to himself. 
After the drive home, we had dinner with my parents. I felt like I hadn't seen them in such a long time, because when we left this morning for Banff, my mom was asleep and my dad had just woken up. Anyway, after a delicious dinner (as per usual), my mom and I headed over to see my grandparents. It's been a long time since I've seen them, so it was really nice to catch up with them. I love having my grandparents live so close (it's about a ten minute drive to their house). 
From their house, my sister, Marni picked me up to go to the YSA fireside. It was really good, as always. Sundays always seem to be my busiest days, but they are always the best. Hopefully I will have news tomorrow of mail. My boyfriend, Justin, has sent in his papers for his mission, and we're really hoping he will be getting his call this week. But, I guess it will come when it comes, and we just have to be patient. 

No comments: