Monday, June 22, 2009

California!!! Here he comes!!!


 So, it's been a few days. Before I get into the usual, I have some news!!! My boyfriend, Justin, finally got his mission call this morning! He will be serving in the California Riverside mission! English speaking. He leaves at the end of September. I am really so happy and excited for him. I know he will be such a good missionary, and the experiences that he will have while serving his mission will be so priceless to him, and a real benefit to me as well.
Now, back to the usual.
I had a fabulous weekend. It all started on Thursday night. My boyfriend, Justin, came down to see me, as it was my birthday the next day. He had a rocky trip down with an overheating car, but he eventually made it here safely. We didn't do anything that night, because it was late by the time he got down. But, the next morning, he came to pick me up at my sister's place. He took me to breakfast at Tim Horton's (breakfast bagels, yum!), then to do some shopping at Superstore (both he and his mom gave me gift certificates for JOE!), then to the mall for more shopping (I had another gift certificate from Justin, and one from a co-worker). It was really fun. I love shopping with Justin. He is really good at helping me pick out things, and telling me what looks good (everything, of course!), and he's just fun to be around. After shopping, we drove out to Airdrie to meet my mom, where she had finished work. We got some lunch at Tim Horton's (chicken wraps, yum!), then headed to Big Hill Springs. My mom was taking her cub group with their dads there the next day, and she wanted to check to see it was still good, so that there would be no surprises. We had a nice walk, and my mom let me use her beautiful Pentax to take some pictures. I might post them later. Then, we drove back to Airdrie, and Justin and I drove back into Calgary. As we got about a block from my house, his car started overheating again, and as we turned the corner to my house, it started to steam. Not fun. So, after it cooled off, and he topped it off with some extra liquid, he took me to Moxie's for dinner. At Moxie's they have this one dish that I absolutely love! But, Justin really doesn't like it, because it tends to be very garlicy. However, as I was the birthday girl, he let me. It was delicious. It took a long time to get our food though. But, it was still enjoyable. After, dinner, we had to rush back to my place to meet my sister, so we could drive down to Cardston. We were having a ward temple trip the next morning, so we went down the night before to stay with our cousin, Sarah. We got to Cardston after eight that night, and hung out with my brother and his girlfriend, because David has been down in Cardston working at the camp ground. We had a good, but late night. 
The next day, I was so excited to go the temple. It had been over a year since I was last able to go. And, I am so happy that I went. It was amazing. From the minute I walked in, the spirit was so strong, but so peaceful. It was just really comforting to be there. I love the temple. I definitely want to make it a priority in my life to go whenever I can.
After going to the temple, Justin and I drove back to Calgary with my brother's car. Then, that night, I had some friends over for a barbeque and some games. It was a lot fun. Not many came, but those that did made it a good time. And, as yesterday was Father's Day, after church, we had a dinner at my house. My grandparents and one of my aunt's and her boyfriend came. It was really nice to spend some good quality time with my family. I love my family. I have realized a few things this weekend. First, I learned that birthdays aren't as special as they used to be when I was younger. It's just another day. But, that's okay. I am thankful for everyday that I am blessed to be alive on this earth. Another thing that I have realized is that I am so incredibly blessed! I have so many people in my life, family and friends included, that really care about me. I am so lucky. I just can't get over it. I am the luckiest. 




No comments: