Saturday, August 22, 2009

Roses and Frisbees

"Stop and smell the roses!".
I'm sure you've heard that one before! Maybe a little too much. But, have you ever witnessed someone actually stop to smell the roses? The real roses? I did. Today on my walk home from work, I saw a woman stop her walk to smell a rose. It was kind of sweet. She seemed to feel the need to stop and smell the beautiful fragrance of that rose. Now, thinking back, I'm almost ashamed to confess I didn't smell that rose after seeing her do it. Nevertheless, it made me think. I love inspirational moments like that. Oh, and here is a picture of what my lip looked like on Monday night. For FHE, we played Ultimate Frisbee. I love playing Ultimate. It was getting late, so we were wrapping up the game, and it was down to the last point to win the game. So, naturally, I was playing with a little more fight. I was guarding someone, trying to stop them from moving up to score, and all of the sudden, I was hit with the Frisbee! Right in the mouth! My lip then proceeded to bleed as everyone hovered around me to see what happened. I got cleaned up, and headed home for some ice. The next day, it was much better, and today, it's pretty much 100% healed. I'm lucky I got hit in the mouth and not the eye or cheek or head. Plastic can do a lot of damage. And, even though it's hard to tell, there is definitely some swelling happening there.

No comments: