Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Rock Show


I just realized that I have not yet devoted a post to the concert. I got to see blink-182. Yes. No joke. That may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to me. It was amazing! Well, the beginning and the end. The middle, not so much. All-American Rejects opened the show. I was really excited to see them because I have loved them since I was about thirteen. They were one of those bands that got me through my hard beginning to middle teen years, so I owe a lot to them. Even with Tyson's body glitter and strange ways (which Justin kept talking about), they were really good. Unfortunately, the venue was pretty empty during their set, so I don't think it was as good as it could have been. As we were watching them, I turned to Justin and said, "I feel like I'm thirteen again!". I really did. I was pretty stoked. After their set, we had to endure Fall Out Boy and their less-than-intelligent fans (proud of me for not saying idiotic or stupid, mom?). I was so happy not to be on the floor for that because there were so many inconsiderate people down there. But, we had our share around us too. So, after I suffered through Fall Out Boy, we were rewarded with Mark, Tom, and Travis. Amazing. Really. I never expected to see them live -- ever. Especially after the day I found out they broke up. It was grade ten (or eleven?). In the hall way where I had my locker. Andrew told me and I didn't believe him. Anyway... yay for bands getting back together! Mark and Tom even hugged, which was beautiful, but maybe still awkward because I think they might still hate each other. Oh, and the encore! Travis Barker, you have my heart! I cannot adequately describe what this extremely talented man did, so here's a video.              
After they were done playing, Mark began to sing about being in Edmonton, and then about not knowing how to speak French. It was hilariously. Those guys are definitely great performers.
They make my top 5 (tied for first with Brand New).

No comments: