Thursday, August 06, 2009

Golden Years

Flashback: August 6. 2007.
I was eighteen. Fairly unsure of myself and feeling completely out of place. I had graduated from high school that summer, and was getting ready to start university in the fall. It was like the summer of limbo. I didn't feel like I fit in anywhere. But, that lovely afternoon on the beautiful green university campus, my life was changed and I didn't even know it.
Two years ago today, I met my best friend, Justin. He was the first person I talked to at EFY that summer. And, even though he doesn't remember, there was an instant connection. Our friendship started strong, and blossomed into something that cannot be adequately described.
Whenever I remember to count my many blessings, Justin is at the top. I really didn't have any clue how much my Heavenly Father loved me until I met Justin. I mean it when I say that I have the best boyfriend. I do.
Our years together have been nothing short of fantastic. Truly, these are the start of some golden years. HAPPY TWO YEARS, JUSTIN!
Then.

Now.

Have we changed?

2 comments:

lauren said...

I just finished being an EFY counsellor, and I LOVE that you two met at EFY!!
And seriously, let me know if you need anything when he leaves on his mission. I mean that! I know how you feel...

Kristi Beth said...

Thanks, Lauren. I really appreciate that!