Wednesday, July 20, 2011

That's Life

Sometimes things don't go as planned. That happens. I hate when it happens, but lately I've tried to just accept it -- maybe even embrace it.
I am also realizing that sometimes, there is more than one right answer. Sometimes, there are two really good choices, and either one will get us to the right destination.
Right now I am not in the position I was expecting to be a year ago. But, I am happy, and to me that is more important than doing something half-heartedly just because I said I would.
Life is challenging, ever changing, but always wonderful.

2 comments:

TheMousirFamily said...

Kristi,
you are a strong person, I have enjoyed watching you grow....I love you blog I do not always comment but I do read it...you are so close to many changes, and you know what it will be the best it can be, think of the 13th article of faith....look for the beauty..you are amazing and dont forget that!
(when does your missionary come home?)

Melissa said...

Hey Kristi. I just wanted to say I sorta know where you're coming from. When I was in grade 12 I made plans to go to BYU-I for university and told everyone that was my plan. I went through the application process and was set on going. Then all of a sudden, I felt like that was the wrong choice. I changed my plan and stayed in Calgary. I felt pretty dumb when everyone asked me when I was going and why I hadn't left yet. But I knew I was making the right decision, and that's what mattered most. Plans change. I think it just makes it so much harder when we open our lives up like a big open book and share our innermost feelings to the world. It opens us up for a lot of hurt and ridicule. I'm not saying we should keep our emotions or plans soley to ourselves, I just think some things should be personal and if we want to share that with everyone else, we have to be prepared for the repercussions.
Anyways, sorry for rambling. I'm glad you're happy and wish you all the best!
Also I think TheMousirFamily missed the posts about Chris! ;)