Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Wednesday Wisdom

Over the past few years, I have developed quite a love for baking. I love being creative, and baking and cooking is one of my many outlets for creativity. In my years of experience, I have learned a lot. One of those, I just learned in the last week and I wish that I had known about this trick years ago!
Have you ever made cupcakes and struggled with getting them all perfectly the right size without spilling the batter all over? I have. But, now I have found the solution! Are you ready to hear it?
An ice cream scoop! Yep, it's that simple. Just find yourself a good ice cream scoop with the spring-action handle and you are set. Just scoop up a little batter and then release it into the cups. Genius, right?
Finally all of the baking shows have done something for me besides make me crave sweets!

1 comment:

Laura Dunford said...

Does your cupcake batter really turn out with that consistency? Mine definitely doesn't. I find using a liquid measuring cup is the best way to pour the batter. The little spout is perfecto. I feel like using an icecream scoop would cause too much drippage from the bottom...unless you want to keep licking the bottom before it can drip ;) hahha