Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tunes for Tuesday

Today has been a day filled with packing, throwing out things I don't need, and then moving some of my stuff into my new place. It's been kind of a crazy day in that way, so I was happy that I have some time tonight to just relax and read (The Help by Kathryn Stockett). While I read, I decided I needed some music too. It was a great half hour. Just me, my book and great music.
So, tonight, this is my list of perfect songs for a relaxing morning/afternoon/evening/whenever-you-can-spare-a-moment.

1. "Song for You", Alexi Murdoch (I love Alexi Murdoch. Amazing).
2. "Love and Some Verses", Iron & Wine (It's impossible not to fall in love listening to this song. Trust me).
3. "Eastern Glow", The Album Leaf (So mellow. So perfect).
4. "Kissing the Lipless", The Shins (I have nothing but serious love for The Shins).
5. "Transatlanticism", Death Cab for Cutie (So in love with this song. So in love with Death Cab).
6. "Wonderwall", Ryan Adams (I love this cover of the Oasis classic).
7. "Sunshine", Matt Costa (Really, you can never go wrong with a little Matt Costa).
8. "St. Peter's Cathedral", Death Cab for Cutie (I am extra in love with Death Cab today, because their new album came out. This may be my favourite song).
9. "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here", She & Him (I have said it many times, and I will say it many more times, I want to be Zooey Deschannel).
10. "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You", Colin Hay (Beautiful, beautiful song).

1 comment:

Mandy said...

What are you best "get up and dance/get in the mood to workout" songs?