Monday, April 11, 2011

The Plan

I have been losing my motivation to stay in school very quickly. I'm not sure if it is because of other things that I am going through, or because I have been so unsure about what I want to do once I graduate. My dream has always been to be a mom, so having an education was not about getting a job and making money, it was about learning and bettering myself. But, with about a year left in my degree left, and other changes coming, I am not motivated to stay.
However, I realized that whether or not I use my degree professionally, I need a plan in my head. And here's the plan: to be a teacher. If I could, I would really love to teach. I found out that after I am finished this degree (my B.A.), I can go into a two-year B.Ed. After I graduate next year, I will take a year off (maybe) and then reevaluate and go for my B.Ed and become a teacher. Whether or not I actually do that, I need a plan. And I feel really good about it.
Just thought I would share.
xo

2 comments:

juliette pouwer said...

Get as much of your education done 'pre kids' it is certainly easier. Yes we all plan on being able to stay home and our husbands supporting the whole family. But just in case life gets in the way of your plan it won't be too hard to do something if you've got your degree. Besides someone has to pay the bills while he goes to school. Plans are great but make room for flexibility and the bumps that will come along your path won't trip you so bad you land flat on your face

TheMousirFamily said...

and out of personal trials, you dont want to be going back if you have kids and no spouse alot HARDER! I wish I would have done things earlier in my life!