Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Week One

EFY. Week one. Are you ready?

So, on the 2nd of August, I began my adventure (this seems to be my new word, eh?). The day began with early morning breakfast (no eggs for me!), a short business meeting with all of the counselors, and going over the ever popular EFY dances. After that, I had some issues with my room, so I had to run over and get my new room key and I had more issues with that -- let's just say I was not very smart that morning.
I was so excited to finally meet my girls that afternoon! I had the privilege of spending the week with nine wonderful girls who made my week so awesome. Plus, I had two co-counselors, so with Dana's nine girls and Devin's eight (then nine) boys, we were quite the group.
It was definitely an eye-opening experience and I feel so blessed and privileged to be able to spend the week with those kids and helping them to build their testimonies.
Oh, and a bonus: I had an AWESOME roommate! We may have spent a few too many hours talking at night, but it was more than worth it. Talks about everything (and I mean everything!), YouTube videos, sleeping noises. The best.
The week flew by and when it came to Saturday morning, I couldn't believe that a week had already passed!
So, to sum it up, I loved my week, I loved my girls, I loved my co-counselors, I loved my boys -- I even loved them on Saturday morning when they crowded around me proceeded to do the cheer that I had grown to loathe that week.

Devin, Dana, myself. We're pretty tough. 
The whole group. "Greatest of All". 

That's all for now. I don't want to overload you with pictures, so I will do that later. 
xo

2 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

I can't believe of ALL people you were with Vanessa. She is my bestest friend. I love her and yes, she's an odd ball to sleep with. I've heard her noises first hand and she told me about your fun nights!!

You got Dana too which is rad. She rocks socks not to mention Erinn, in her group is one of my YW from here and I ADORE her.

Glad you had a good experience!!

Lori A. said...

Kristi. So I am now an "OFFICIAL" follower of your blog. David is NOT my favorite. You all are.