Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dear Jack

I need to thank two boys who decided to play "Banana Pancakes" at the my first EFY. That was my first experience with Jack Johnson, and I am so glad for that. Jack Johnson has a special place in my heart for many reasons. Hearing that soft acoustic guitar makes my spirit feel light, and reminds me of listening to my guy strum his guitar. Doesn't his music just make you want to jump a plane to Hawaii, have a bonfire party on the beach then catch some waves in the morning? That's how I feel. Love just melts out of me when I hear that voice. Not only are his melodies beyond beautiful, some of his lyrics are definitely on  my list of "I wish I wrote that". For example, "If I had eyes at the back of head, I would have told you that looked good as I walked away". I just love the simple genius of that. 
Here is Jack Johnson and Matt Costa (another one who melts my heart) singing "Lullaby".

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I ADORE the song banana pancakes by jack. I love to dance around with Tanner when it plays.